As a Senior Support Engineer, here’s a description of what you would be doing day-to-day in this role:
- Provide support for incoming queries for all of the Cireson products.
- Interface with Cireson customers globally to assist, troubleshoot and provide technical guidance.
- Work with remote support/remote access tools to assist with troubleshooting and resolving customer issues.
- Track support issues, bugs and feature requests, working with the escalation team and developers as needed.
- Update documentation on our Knowledge Base with technical guides and tips.
- Assist in testing new releases of the Cireson products.
Here’s what we are looking for in a Senior Support Engineer:
- Strong customer service skills, written and verbal communication skills, and customer empathy demonstrated by previous successful experience in this role.
- A confident self-starter, team player, innovative problem solver, and able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft technology such as Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server, Active Directory, Office, SharePoint, and PowerShell. Certification is preferred.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft’s System Center suite and in particular Service Manager is a big plus.
- Working Knowledge of Cireson solutions is a big plus.
- Knowledge of IT service management concepts and frameworks such as ITIL or MOF is a big plus.
- Knowledge of debugging concepts such interpreting log files, configuring registry settings and application XML setting files, enabling ETL tracing, and analyzing the Windows event log.
- English is the primary language used within the company and our customers. Written and verbal English proficiency is a requirement. Knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
- Experience using Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server/Service is a plus.
Located in or around San Diego, CA
What you can expect from us:
- A fast-paced, fun environment to work in.
- We have great people all over the place, even in New Zealand!
- Top quality equipment to work on.
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Flexible hours (within reason).
- Training and support to help you grow your career.
- Option for partial telecommute during the week.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.